Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Love Colors

I wear a lot of dresses to work because dresses are just more comfortable than pants most of the time.  Plus, right now, I only have two pairs of regular work pants that fit and two pairs of maternity pants that I could probably still get away with wearing. 
Dress: New York & Company; Tank: Old Navy; Cardigan: Wet Seal; Necklace: Old Navy?; Tights: We Love Colors; Boots: Target

This outfit was from yesterday--I got my dress wearing out of the way early because I know it's going to be frigid the rest of the week.  Today, I'm actually wearing leggings under pants and three layers on top, including a long-sleeved shirt under a sweater.  Luckily, it's been a little cooler in the office, so I don't roast during the day.  But I digress.  

The uncomfortable part about wearing dresses is wearing tights underneath.  Because I'm tall, a lot of tights aren't long enough and sag in the crotch.  Weird, but true.  And, if they are long enough, the waistband is often too tight and uncomfortable. 

Pretty much all the style bloggers I've read have mentioned We Love Colors at some point.  I love that they have over 50 colors to choose from in both standard size and plus size.  I opted for the plus size navy (shown above) and maroon (shown below) tights since they're both fun, but not scary colors to wear.  (I do have yellow tights; but when I wore those, I was asked if I was Lisa Simpson.  Men.)  The waistband actually comes all the way up to my ribs, so I don't have to worry about any potential muffin topping.  Also weird, but these are concerns girls have. 

Tights: We Love Colors; Boots: ModCloth


I didn't try them on until after work when I got home since I had just gotten them in the mail, so I don't know yet if they would be comfortable all day, but I have high hopes.  Once it warms up again, I will definitely pull them out more.  I think for Easter, I may have to buy one of the pastel colors like lilac or mint.

This was not a paid promotion by any means, but I wouldn't mind if it turned into one.  Wink wink.  I was just excited to find tights in every color imaginable that actually fit!

Besides the tights, I was also pretty psyched to try out another style blogger staple, ModCloth.  The black shoes in the second picture are called Today I Met the Perfect Boot.  I LOVE the bows on them, which you can't really see in the picture.  As for them being the "perfect boot," they're probably the cutest boots, but definitely not the most comfortable.  I think they have the potential to be comfortable on some feet, and I think I'm going to buy some inserts and see if I can improve the comfort level for me.

2 comments:

  1. I love the maroon tights! I have dark purple tights and that's the bravest I have gotten so far being non black/gray tights. I totally know how it feels with the saggy crotch. I get the xxl ones if I can find it and still have a slight saggy crotch. Saggy crotch saggy crotch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, the "Saggy crotch saggy crotch!!!" made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete