Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mr. Sunshine and Traffic Light

Last night, Mr. Sunshine, starring Matthew Perry, debuted on ABC.  Both hubby Nate and my mom were excited about watching it because who doesn't love Matthew Perry?  I was Facebooking during the show, so I probably wasn't paying enough attention to give it a fair assessment, but neither my mom nor Nate had anything good to say about it.  In fact, we were all having a hard time even getting through the half hour show.

From what I saw, it reminded me of a mix between Parks and Recreation and Spin City but set at an entertainment venue called The Sunshine Center.  I say Spin City because Matthew Perry's character was dealing with his uncouth and politically incorrect boss and trying to make her media-friendly like Michael J. Fox did on Spin City.  If you like the style of Parks and Rec (minus the one-on-one interview format), you have a better chance of enjoying this show except I think Amy Poehler is a more dynamic lead than Matthew Perry.  It pains me to say this because Chandler Bing is one of my favorite TV characters ever, but I'm starting to believe that it may be the FRIENDS writers alone who are to thank for that.

Anyway, here's the clip that made me think of Spin City.


The show I was excited to check out this week was Traffic Light, Tuesday nights on Fox. This show doesn't have any big names in it, but the reason the previews caught my eye is because Kris Marshall aka Colin Frissell from one of my favorite movies, Love Actually, is one of the stars. He alone would probably keep me watching an entire season, but the first 5 minutes (which is all I've seen so far--the rest is waiting for me on my DVR) had me more amused than an entire Mr. Sunshine episode.

The show follows three dudes around--one married with a child, one with a serious girlfriend, and one single guy. It's basically about their relationships with each other and their significant others...and dog in Kris Marshall's case. I look forward to watching the rest of the episode and seeing if it lives up to the first 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Traffic Light looked like it had potential as well, but I didn't want to get myself hooked on another show, so I didn't watch it. Maybe I'll have to look it up on Hulu after all...especially if Kris Marshall says "bottle" or "straw" :)

    ReplyDelete