Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 16 of 30: Green Gables


One day back when I lived in a duplex with three of my friends, we decided to have a nostalgia night and watch Anne of Green Gables. It was storming that night, but we had a hankering, so we went out and got some ice cream then hunkered down to watch our movie.

Recently, one of the girls discovered there was a prequel created just a few years ago called Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning, so we planned to have another ice cream and movie night tonight. By the way, if anyone is into the series, you probably should not see this movie. I've only read the first book, and I'm gullible as it is; but from reading reviews, fans were pretty worked up about it.


Before I headed over to my friend's place, I scouted out a new photo location. I was going for deserted, but Milwaukee's not exactly deserted at 4:30 PM. I would've been better off at 7 AM. I found this alley and glanced around nervously, as you can see. Luckily, I was in my car and driving away before I saw anyone walk by.


Oh yeah, pardon the wrinkles. I'd been sitting at a desk all day.

Top: Anthropologie; Pants: New York & Company; Shoes: Payless

4 comments:

  1. LOVE Anne of Green Gables---have the first 3 on DVD. Need some blackberry cordial ;) Love your Anthro top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean raspberry cordial? ;) Love AoGG!! You're right, fans of the books hate the prequel, and most of us also hate the travesty that is the third film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way when I take pictures anywhere remotely public! Half my pictures display a classic view of Shifty Eyes and Worried Wrinkles because I'm always wondering WHAT'S THAT NOISE or WHO IS THAT PERSON WALKING BY or IS THAT SQUIRREL GOING TO EAT ME. That last one probably doesn't happen a lot in Milwaukee though, huh?

    I love the top. And the pants too. Really just the whole outfit. Congrats on making it halfway through 30 for 30!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on being halfway there! U have had some real goodies!

    ReplyDelete