Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 8 of 30: Babbling about Hair Troubles



My hair would not cooperate this morning. I woke up late, took a quick shower, and didn't wash my hair, so I figured doing a french braid in front would keep it off my face for the day. Well, I didn't have time for that either since I had to get Bridget ready for daycare, and instead stuck with a messy bun. Except my bun was too messy and pitiful for my taste, and I must've redone it 17 times, making the hair tie get looser and looser each time, which didn't help matters. After I dropped Bridget off, I switched to a low ponytail. Once I got to work, I just decided to take five minutes to braid my hair and finally ended up with the french braid I wanted originally and no longer had to worry about a loose bun looking more and more pitiful as the day went on.

Dress and Bracelet: Target; T-shirt: Express; Shoes: Kohl's

Check out how much better the second picture looks.  I just used the Auto Tone option in Photoshop, and it came out like that.  When I tried Auto Tone on the first picture, it made it all red and vintage-y, which is neat I guess, but not what I'm into.  I tried like five different tools to try to get the first picture to match the second, but then I just gave up. 

Hair and photo editing issues aside, on the docket this week I have a Brewer game on Friday with my mom, bro, and sis-in-law and hopefully hitting up Strawberry Fest on Saturday with my mom (thanks to Pamela for the reminder!). Oh yeah, and if I have enough time on Friday, I'm also hoping to stop by Cathedral Square for Food Truck Friday and possibly meet up with Elena. I think that's it! But it's only Monday, wah wah.

2 comments:

  1. I like that dress! I especially like how it looks over the tee shirt.

    Thanks for the photo editing tip, too. I'm sure it will come in handy someday.

    Your hair ended up looking very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I hate bad hair days. And bad editing days (which is nearly daily for me). You had a good outfit day though, and that's the most important!

    ReplyDelete