Monday, August 8, 2011

Biker Vest and Booties

Inspiration Picture



My Interpretation


Dress: Old Navy; Vest: Target; Shoes: Mr. Shoe; Bracelet: Etsy; Bag: Coach
I was once again intimidated by the Inspiration Monday photo, but I ended up liking the result.  I may have thought to pair this dress with the vest, but I wouldn't have thought to add the booties.  How do people wear boots in the summer?  My feet were all hot, and the black "leather" vest didn't help much either.  Luckily, it wasn't too ridiculously hot today.

I wore this outfit to visit my brother and his wife's place near Madison yesterday.  My parents are off to Germany for a couple weeks, so we had a quick family dinner together at a restaurant by my bro's place.  It was a typical bar/restaurant with a burger and sandwich type of menu, but the food was atypically exceptional.  I'm really hoping the other half of my southwest chicken wrap survived the two-hour drive home so that I can have it for lunch tomorrow, but I doubt it.

twobirdsboutique

9 comments:

  1. i love that dress and you look totally badass hot biker chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look hot! i love the booties/biker vest combo. and that dress, while being so feminine, definitely looks super sexy with these accessories! love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the floral dress and biker vest combo, thanks for braving the heat to show us your lovely outfit. I know what you mean about boots in summer, that's the reason why I don't own any, we have summer all year round.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can sure pick an inspirational photo! That outfit is great! And can I just say that I love your sweet little smile? Seriously, how amazingly happy do you look in these cute photos?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all!

    Kelley - I can't take credit for the photo. That would be the doing of the loving ladies at Two Birds Boutique: http://twobirdsboutique.blogspot.com/p/inspiration-monday.html!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! The floral paired with leather is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And how cute are you? The boots with that cute little dress is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those booties are absolutely adorable!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete