Friday, August 26, 2011

My Favorite Clothing Item/Accessory

I racked my brain trying to come up with a favorite item of clothing for today’s Visual Friend Friday, hosted by Ashely Getting Dressed. I think because I don’t spend that much on any of my clothes, I’m not super attached to any one particular piece. Some items did come to mind: my printed Kohl’s dress that may just be the most surprisingly versatile item in my closet, my new black pleated skirt that’s already proven to be a workhouse, maybe my one-shoulder top that I wore to both my 25th birthday party and a friend’s bachelorette party, or possibly one of my two H&M dresses that I love but will probably never fit in again (and frankly, I can’t remember if I’ve already Goodwilled them or if they’re still safe in the basement). Even my wedding dress came to mind, but A. that’s not even at my house, and B. it seemed like a cop-out.

When I saw a couple other people go with accessories, I knew exactly what my item would be--my bright blue Michael Kors bag I bought this summer, which I’ve already mentioned on this blog several times before. It’s really the first investment piece I’ve ever bought. My husband taught me the value of quality over quantity (although it still hasn’t sunk in clothes-wise) and the concept of “going big.” Plus, I’m proud of this bag and how I earned it. I hiked up a freakin’ mountain! Besides all that, it’s just pretty. I do believe I’ve gotten more compliments on this bag than anything else I own besides my stunning and unique wedding ring.




Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

7 comments:

  1. Oh my that bag is gorgeous!! Lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is gorgeous! I keep saying I want to buy a bag in a bold color but always wimp out.

    p.s. I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bag and the color is so perfect for every season. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of that bag is Amazing!! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is typically not a color I am drawn to, but I'll admit that this bag would convert me. :)

    ReplyDelete