Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Biz Casz Arm Party

Top: Banana Republic; Pants and Shoes: New York & Company


Here's right when I spotted a lady walking her dog across the street.  Time to wrap it up!



I'm still learning the art of layering, both clothes and accessories, but I am a fan the concept.  In fact, I feel weird without anything on my wrists, so I certainly don't have a problem with piling everything on them.  Hence my business casual arm party for Bloggers Do It Better.

From left to right: booth at Bastille Days, self-made, Etsy, and Mexicali Blues
My tips for creating a stacked bracelet look:
  1. Don't bother putting two thin, flimsy chain bracelets next to each other.  My two middle bracelets just kept getting intertwined.  
  2. Doing a monochromatic look makes it easier to figure out what goes together, too, I think.
Although, I have seen some fun multi-colored looks, and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with in the link-up tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I love stacks of bracelets, but still struggle with it. I feel like I always have to have an odd number or it's wrong. I'm trying to work through that.

    Also, your pictures after your neighbor came out made me remember my last well-attended shoot. I had a total audience when I was trying to take some date night pictures on Friday. My date was early, both my nephews were hollering something about kittens, my sister was taking the shots, the neighbors were out having a garage sale and that garage sale was well-attended. It was havoc and I didn't get a single usable picture. You did much better than I at maintaining your composure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really cute top and i love how all your bracelets match so well, very natural

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracey, I give you props. If I had an audience that large, I would've just retreated to my bedroom and taken pictures there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your look!! This challenge has been a lot of fun :)

    robyn of boluxe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I participated in the BDIB challenge too! I came across your link and I'm loving your arm party! Your bracelet with the wings is so chic!

    jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love stacking bracelets! i've been doing it since i can remember..and it's funny bc back in elementary.high school..i'd always get made fun of! LOL.

    please check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting an awesome giveaway, a special edition giclee print by the ever inspiring Lark Calderon Gomez! check it out!xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you arm party very business casual it is. I thought this kind of look could be good for non work outfits only, but you "tamed it down" really well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the closeup of the arm party! Cute!

    Invite alert! How about joining me for the Fall Fashionista Giveaway event (Oct. 14-19)? It's ALL Fashion and ONLY Fashion. I have 70+ bloggers on board already and we have a huge Triberr group! WIll you join me?

    http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/07/announcing-2011-fall-fashionista-giveaway-event-signup-today/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with leather wrap bracelets these days, yours is lovely!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete