Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun Girly Weekend

I had a really fun weekend filled with girly activities.

My weekend consisted of lots of fun girly times! Having a baby at home, I know I don’t get to do friend-packed, going out type weekends all the time, so it’s nice to have the freedom to do one every once in awhile.

After work on Friday, I headed to a friend’s place for a Hanson filled night. One of the girls brought over her new Hansonopoly game (Hanson themed monopoly), and we played that while watching Hanson DVDs, eating pizza and snacks, and drinking wine (minus the pregnant lady). It was just what we all needed--a night of giggling and acting like we were 15 again. And bonus, I won Hansonopoly (only by $1,000--close game).

stolen from Facebook

I didn’t get home until 2 AM, and hubby let me sleep until 11. It was gloooooorious. But I was somehow still exhausted all day. I got some caffeine in me and met two of the girls and my mom for the Danny Gokey (from American Idol) concert at the Dodge County Fair. I was actually really impressed with the Dodge County Fair. I don’t think I’ve been to a county fair since high school, and this one way exceeded my expectations, mostly because they had chocolate covered cookie dough and deep fried Oreos!!!!!!! I thought the cookie dough was better than the state fair’s, but the deep fried Oreos were not as good. They were way too doughy.

The show itself was really good. Danny Gokey is a country artist, and I am definitely not a country music fan, but I still enjoyed the show. It wasn’t too country, and he did play some covers. We were front row, too, so that didn’t hurt.

stolen from Facebook

stolen from Facebook

Top: used to be a dress from Fred; Shorts: New York & Company; Shoes: Kohl's

After the show, Danny signed autographs for a really really really long line of fans, including us. My mom had him sign one of the 8x10s of him they were selling, and she asked him to write something religious on it so that she could hang it up at church. He thought about it for a few seconds, which I thought was really sweet, since my mom was blatantly holding up the entire line, hehe, and then he wrote his favorite Bible verse down. When it was my turn, while he was signing the CD I just bought, I said, “You make me like country music.” He looked up and was like, “You make me like you!” Awww, heart him. Hehe.

I kicked off Sunday by finally mowing the lawn and then met the girls for some lunch and shopping.

Dress: Kohl's; Slip, Sandals, Purse, and Watch: Target; Scarf: Dodge County Fair

For my baby shower, my coworkers got me a gift certificate to Coquette Cafe, and I was finally getting around to using it. I got a grilled tuna sandwich and a bloody mary, both of which were good. They had some really tasty mimosa options as well, but I had been craving a bloody mary for awhile now.

Then it was time to shop. We started off at shoo, where they now sell TOMS shoes! A couple of the girls bought themselves a pair, and I got a pair of cute printed T-strap flats on sale for $25. Normally $80, I think they said.

We also had quite the adventure in Anthropologie. I basically went around grabbing things for people to try, stuff that was outside of their comfort zone. Some of the things I picked out were completely off. Like, I had one of the girls try a color blocked look with blue pants and a yellow shirt, but the shirt happened to be the least flattering thing. Maybe tucking it in would’ve saved it, but I don’t know. I got one of the girls to try on purple skinny jeans, which looked good on her, but they were waaaayyyy outside her comfort zone of boot cut, normal colored denim. The hits were definitely a Mad Men-esque black and white pencil skirt with red sweater combo (also way outside her comfort zone, but it looked awesome), and a super cute green corduroy-ish 50s style halter dress, which I can’t find online, for another one of the girls. At the end, only one of us bought a top there.

Other than that, I got a tie blouse at Fred and two items for Bridget at H&M.


Speaking of Bridget, she was quite the handful all weekend. Last night, she cried for almost an hour and a half straight until I finally gave up and gave her a bottle. On the other hand, she also recently started crawling with her stomach on the ground!

6 comments:

  1. Erin looks good with bangs like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea shoo sold TOMS! Good to know! Love both of your outfits and it sounds like a very fun girls' weekend :) Yay for Third Ward shoppin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you did have a packed weekend! It sounds fun though - glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this makes me miss the hanson get togethers i used to have with my hanson friends when i was in high school! i'd love to play a little hansonopoly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked through to your blog on a whim from Kim's reader outfits. I always say - Hanson fans - we're everywhere and somehow find one-another! Cracked up when I saw the Hansonopoly and the posts that follow. Did you see any of the SIO tour dates? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've now found two Hanson fans through blogging! We are everywhere. I saw both of the Chicago shows...I think that's it. I can't remember if they had a Milwaukee show or not.

    ReplyDelete