Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Trying New Hair Techniques

When it comes to hair, I definitely fall into the category of Low Maintenance. I’ll get dressed and try to wear cute clothes everyday; I’ll put makeup on a couple times a week; but I rarely ever do anything with my hair besides wash, comb, and air dry. So I welcome any techniques that allow me to still be lazy but have better looking hair.

Sunday night after washing my hair, I tried out this no heat curl idea I found on Love Maegan. The original tutorial is on youtube, and you can find a couple other examples of it here and here.



The first headband I grabbed was too loose, and it kept slipping around, so I switched it out for a heavier duty headband. I slept on it no problem and everything stayed put pretty well.


The result:


I would definitely try this again with hairspray. By the time I got to work, my curls were kind of limp waves.

My second hair adventure involved finally trying dry shampoo. I’ve heard tons and tons of times how it’s better for your hair if you don’t wash it every day, but I just feel like a big grease ball whenever I attempt it. I happened to find a can of dray shampoo at the grocery store, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Clearly, nobody buys dry shampoo at the grocery store because the rebate coupon on the can expired in June 2010...

I sprayed the hair around my face and tried to evenly get the rest of my scalp. I’m happy to say that I didn’t feel like a grease ball today. Would I let my hair go for more than one unwashed day? I’m not so sure about that yet.

6 comments:

  1. I tried the no heat curls and while mine turned out well, I did not like it with my hair. My hair is at the longest just past my shoulders at the shortest just to my shoulders. (I really need to either cut it back to my short cut or get it evened out but I have no idea what I want to do) Anyways I used and elastic headband, put a light styling cream in and then put it in and added the hairspray. It seemed to hold the curls better.

    But I like the look it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!! I'm always looking for ways to get SOFT waves and this would be great. Thank you - can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of dry shampoo did you use? I've tried the Tresemme stuff and had okay results, but I felt like you could see the shampoo in my hair, kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could wash, comb, and air dry my hair! So jealous.

    I've become a big fan of dry shampoo lately. I've tried two kinds so far. I can't remember the name of either one, but I like the one I have currently better. I bought it at Walmart, and it comes in a white can. It doesn't leave white streaks in my hair like the first can I tried did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I'm going to have to try that, it seems a lot easier than sitting there and curling your hair with a curling iron

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was some brand I never heard of. Batiste. I got the scented kind which came in a small pink aerosol can. The unscented was a blue can. I can't say for sure how it's supposed to work since it probably has been expired for a year, but it didn't turn my hair white at all. It does leave kind of a filmy residue on my fingers, though. I'll have to try some other brands.

    ReplyDelete