Friday, August 5, 2011

Fashion Blogging as a Cheesehead

American Idol winner Scotty wearing a cheesehead--photo from American Idols Live concert I went to last night. (Souce)

1. What part of the world do you blog from? Wisconsin, Milwaukee area

2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say? In general, casual and simple. Either black pants for work, jeans for weekends, or capris for hot weather and some sort of straightforward top.

Different areas of Milwaukee have different styles, which I’m sure is true of other cities, too. There are the wealthy North Shore Nancies (That may be what we called them at my old job when we spotted them in Starbucks in their workout gear and full makeup) or the trendy Bay View peeps. Then the East Side is more college-y with UWM right there.

3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold? It depends on my mood, I guess. I wouldn’t say I break the mold--maybe I just bend the mold. I still dress pretty Midwestern, but I like to add some sort of accessory or another color (gasp!) or something to spice it up sometimes. I will say, though, that I don’t think people wear many hats here besides baseball caps. Whenever I wear a hat, I feel like people are looking at me weird.

4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve? No, I don’t think travel has influenced my day-to-day clothing choices, but where I was going definitely affected what I wore at the time. In France, I tried to dress up more and wear more black/gray so that I didn’t look quite as touristy. Same with New York. When I went somewhere tropical, I wore more dresses and bright colors.

5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be? Haha, Minneapolis came to mind because Target is based there, and a bulk of my wardrobe comes from Target. I didn’t know how to answer this question, so I found this quiz; my result was Tokyo:

Tokyo is one of the most densely populated major cities in the world. As such, everyday life can be chaotic, and separation between different subcultures is difficult; therefore, one group’s fashion is constantly influencing the next group’s style. Tokyo style is known for being loud, fearless, and eclectic. When getting dressed, the ultimate goal is to reflect one’s uniqueness through the outfit.

Not sure I’m that daring, but OK!


Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment