Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Sort of Summer Bag

Top: L.L.Bean; Skirt: Express; Belt: Forever 21; Shoes and Sunglasses: Payless; Watch: Target; Bracelet: Pandora via Barnes Jewelers; Bag: Michael Kors via TJ Maxx


The problem with taking pictures on my front porch is that people are often outside enjoying the nice weather. Today, it was my husband returning from a walk with the pooch. Right after the below picture was taken, I started dorkily dancing while the timer kept snapping pictures.


This week’s Wear It Wednesday challenge was to build an outfit around a summer purse. I’m considering my bright blue Michael Kors bag a summer purse because A. It’s bright, B. I bought it in the summer, and C. I use it everyday anyway. 

To plan an outfit around the bag, I wanted to go classic Americana with a simple silhouette because that seems to be the Michael Kors aesthetic. My first thought was khakis, but I don’t really own any. I ended up with what I call my “Going to breakfast at the country club then maybe playing tennis later” look. Maybe more Ralph Lauren than Michael Kors, but whatevs. They’re both American.

5 comments:

  1. I want that bag too! Love this look, very summery

    ReplyDelete
  2. you completed succeeded with your americana look, this outfit is perfect!

    i love love love love that bag... i will have a michael kors someday, probably also from tj maxx, i bought a kate spade purse earlier this year and shed a tear when i learned they sell them at target (i just moved to sydney in january)

    i'll be shopping at tj maxx when i go home for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great bag, love the color of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Everything looks perfect together. I love how everything comes together to be just nautical enough without going crazy overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit - definitely something I may try and recreate.

    ReplyDelete