Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wearing Leopard but Not a Cougar

Until recently, I was under the impression that hot old ladies with swinging social lives were the only ones who could pull off leopard print. The world of fashion blogging made me think twice. I’ve seen leopard and other animal prints on tons of people, but I never thought I could pull it off. I still wanted to try it, though, so I eased into the idea of animal print with a $5 belt from Walmart. I’m thinking my next foray into the world of leopard print will be flats. Maybe...I’m still a little nervous about the whole idea.

Top: The Limited; Skirt and Cami: New York & Company; Shoes: Target; Belt: Walmart





I like leopard and yellow together, so I think this outfit was a success. However, it was a very high maintenance outfit. The belt would not stay put, so I ended up double-sided taping the whole thing to my skirt. (I've sung the praises of double-sided tape before, and it didn't disappoint this time either.)  One of the buttons on my shirt occasionally popped open, too. I’ve watched enough What Not to Wear to know that meant that the shirt didn’t really fit, but I wanted to wear it anyway. As long as I didn’t move, I was a-OK.

By the way, speaking of animal print, I actually had an animal print themed bachelorette party; and may I say, we all looked pretty HOTT!


Everybody, Everywear | Pattern Mixing

10 comments:

  1. you would NOT believe the joy your post title gave me

    and leopard print is a GOOD thing! if you're more timid about it i suggest getting a leopard print scarf and a pair of ballets flats to wear with solid colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby leopard steps! I like how you paired it with that blouse, using it as a neutral, it works so well!

    I have also recently forayed into the world of leopard print... I got fold up flats from Gap, and i wear them allll the time. And I always feel like they give me an extra spring in my step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love leopard and yellow and when the yellow is polka dots? Perfection.

    As a huge fan of leopard, I'd like to welcome you to the fold. Soon it'll be all leopard tracksuits with matching visors. Mark my words. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leopard and polka dots! So cute! Especially with the prim little sleeves, and the a-line skirt. I found you through EBEW--come by and say hi if you have a sec, since I love meeting new blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I have exactly one animal print item, and it's a pair of leopard print flats. I think I've worn them once. I totally sympathize with your animal print fears! I might have to give those shoes a whirl again-- hmm. I really like the idea of pairing the wild of animal prints with the delicate top & a-line skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand! I've been itching to buy a pair of leopard print shoes, but I've been a little intimidated about wearing them. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to know other struggle with the animal print thing, too. I agree with you guys, though, it seems to be a good thing. I'm looking forward to finding some leopard ballet flats and exploring it further.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that belt is adorable. And I definitely think you could pull off more animal print if you want. I think one of the keys to animal print is to just go for it. It's not a print you can be too shy about!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this outfit! and what a fun bachelorette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. she makes mw hard, just jacked off to these pics

    ReplyDelete