Friday, August 19, 2011

These Dreams Go on When I Close My Eyes

We're talking about dream jobs today for FBFF.  You know, like the awesome Heart song.



A disclaimer first.  My lifelong dream has been to publish a book, but I’ve decided I should give up on that one because I haven’t actually sat down and written something outside of school work that was longer than five pages since...I don’t know, probably since I was 16?  Maybe I’ll finally do it someday, but not anytime soon.  I don’t have the inspiration or time (or even the talent anymore) to do it.  These answers do reflect my dreams, too, just not the lifelong one.

1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be? I have three answers: one serious, one only halfway serious, and one kinda funny.  Either doing video editing on movies/TV (serious), working for TMZ (halfway serious) or being a second second assistant director (just being silly).

2. What draws you to this? All of the above - because famous people fascinate me.  It would be fun to be around them all the time.

TMZ - Because my friends and I have been known to sit in one spot for a really long time and watch for famous people to come out so we can meet them.  So I basically already do the job a couple times a year; I just don’t get paid for it.

Video Editing is an interest I developed in high school, and I got to do a little bit of it in a class and found it fun.  I’d be really good at spotting inconsistencies, too, since I’m already an editor in real life, just a different kind.  It’s definitely my most realistic dream.

Second second assistant director is an inside joke.  I found that title amusing whenever I’d see it in credits and decided that’s what I wanted to be.  In fact, I probably wouldn’t mind having that job because I’d still get to be on a movie set.  Which is weird because I’m not a big movie person.

3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? I became interested in video editing when I was 15.  The second second assistant director joke came a few years after that, then TMZ a few years after that.

4. What's holding you back from going all in? I don’t want to move to Hollywood.

5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? I’m actually content where my life is now, but seeing as I did change careers just last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if I did it again in 5 years.  Maybe by that time, I’ll be ready to write that book.  Or, maybe I’ll look into taking classes for video editing.  In the meantime, I fully intend to keep following celebs around when they’re in the area.  Heh.


Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

2 comments:

  1. haha the only thing is everybody hates the tmz people!! Well.. celebrities do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I'd try to be one of the non-annoying ones, if there is such a thing.

    ReplyDelete