Friday, August 12, 2011

Polka Dot Manicure

This week's visual FBFF is being hosted at Lifestyles of the Thrifty and Shameless. It's a manicure party, and here's what I came up with:



I wanted to do something subtle and fairly quick and easy. I went with a lilac colored polish that I already had, which is from Forever 21. Then I picked up a silver Sally Hansen nail pen at Target. Unfortunately, I neglected to buy top coat, so I'm not sure how long it'll last.


Here's a detail shot:



As you can tell, a perfectionist I am not.  If I did it again, I would change the colors, and I would either do the french manicure or the dots but not both.  I'm happy with the nail pen, though.  It worked pretty well--those nail strips Sally Hansen makes didn't work for me at all, but I was content with the pen.

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

12 comments:

  1. I love your dots and trim, cute! I'm glad you got a nail pen, I actually used a pen to do my dots. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally Hansen's nail strips didn't work for me either! I tried it earlier this summer and it was just a disaster of epic proportions, and a general waste of my money. I like how yours turned out, I am no perfectionist myself either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, I love that light pink color! Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you were able to get a pretty precise dot and line with the pen. I've never used them, but you've inspired me to try!
    :) f
    The House in the Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute... i didn't even know they sold Nail Art Pens!! WOW, learn something new everyday. Great mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the polka dots. How easy is the pen to use? I've always been curious about trying one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - it's super super easy to use. Basically like a regular pen. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alana - I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with those crazy strips! Everyone else makes it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the silver/lilac combo! I'll have to try a nail pen soon! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'll be going to the store to pick up a nail pen as well. I love the way the design turned out.

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the dots very much. I have been meaning to try that out and now I think I will. :)

    ReplyDelete