Monday, February 20, 2012

Nail Polish Dress



My interpretation:

Dress: Kohl's; Cardigan: Target; Cami: Express; Tights: Missoni for Target; Necklace: ?; Shoes: Irregular Choice via E-Collectique


This dress...I haven't worn this dress since October when I spilled nail polish on it and haven't had the motivation to try to remove it. Yesterday, I finally decided to give stain removal a shot with a hairspray suggestion from a friend and Goo Gone suggestion from the Internet.

I tried the hairspray first by spraying some on the stain, letting it sit for about 10 minutes, and then washing as normal. Basically no change. Then, I tried the suggestion I found online to douse the area with Goo Gone, let it sit for a half hour, then wash normally. That method was a little more effective and seemed to take a layer of the nail polish off. Unfortunately, what started out as dark gray polish that blended in pretty well with the purple dress is now very light gray marks that are much more conspicuous. Luckily, the sweater I'm wearing hid the stain.

I may give it one more shot with either the Goo Gone or find another home remedy; otherwise, I'll cut my losses and toss the dress or refashion the fabric into something else. I haven't tried Windex yet...that was another suggestion. If you have any other ideas, I'd be willing to try them out!

2 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation and the pop of green in your shoes! You look totally cute! I just started blogging, check out my site if you have a moment! Thanks!
    --TS
    http://thriftedshift.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it's lovely! I love the fact you took the shape and used lovely earthly shades for it!

    ReplyDelete